Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the joy spread by the kids in our lives...

Though I don't have kids of my own, I love the kids and grandkids of my friends. They bring such joy into my life, and I am grateful for them.

This New Year's Eve, my friends had two of their grandkids with them for a few days. I, always in for a good time, was invited to their house for New Year's Eve and a sleep-over. (I think I was probably the "out" so they didn't HAVE to stay up till midnight with the boys!)

The day and evening were full of fun, food, games, and just enjoying each other's company. While cooking dinner, I was handed a pen and an envelope by the 8yr old, and inside the envelope was the following note:

Translation (in case you can't quite get it):
Dear Shree:
[short for Shri-ri, a name they all call me due to boy #3 saying my name that way for a short time]
How are you doing?
(blank box for answer)
and what and when are you going to play with us?
(two blank boxes for answers)
And [till] what time will we stay up?
(blank box for answer)

I responded to the questions with the following:
excellent
after dinner and dishes
games? (uno?) later, a movie?
To which he responded with a note on the back of the original card, stuffed in the envelope again:

The above note was preceded with shouts of delight in response to the "stay up till" answer!

...for these kids in my life, I am grateful!! Thanks, God, for the amazing ways You bless us with others in our lives!

"...their children will be a blessing." ~Psalm 37:26b

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...