Friday, July 22, 2011

Are YOU full today?....

Full…

Is how I feel today.

My heart is full of the amazing blessings of the people in my life.  Young, old, and in between.  Friends who are like family—some I have known for years and some who are newer in my life.

My heart IS FULL.  
But I don’t always FEEL full.  
And usually that’s when I’m not paying attention.  
Not paying attention to the good things in each day, no matter how small they may seem.  The Bible says “every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father…”, (James 1:17) and He does give us so many incredibly wonderful gifts if we will have eyes to see and hearts to understand.

When I go for a walk along the canals 
with my three favorite red-head boys,
I feel full.


When I get an unexpected card in the mail 
from an out-of-state friend, 
I feel full.

When I look out my window at work and see the sun in the bright blue sky and the hummingbird darting in and out amidst the blossoms of the bird of paradise bush, 
I feel full.

When I think about the fact that I have gas in my car, food in my refrigerator, clean drinking water coming out of my faucet, clothes on my body, a bed to sleep in…. 
all these things make me feel full.

Paying attention.
That’s the key.

And remembering… 
and recounting… 

the many ways God touches us, 
provides for us, 
and speaks to us throughout each day…

It is then I feel full.
It is then I know what it is to BE FULL.

*   *   *   *   * 
In Your presence is fullness of joy; 
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
~Psalms 16:11


(ps. I could have come up with many more, 
but I was being true to the 5min limit!)


With this post I am participating in Five Minute Friday over at The Gypsy Mama's blog.  Today's writers were to write for five minutes (w/o tweaking, rewriting, or critiquing!) on the word:  FULL.  

Here's how it works:  "On Fridays around these parts we like to write. Not for comments or traffic or anyone else’s agenda. But for pure love of the written word. For joy at the sound of syllables, sentences and paragraphs all strung together by the voice of the speaker.  We love to  just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. For five minutes flat."

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from The Gypsy Mama. I love what you said - paying attention is the key to feeling full, recognizing God's blessings. Love the last scripture in Psalms. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reminder about this all being a choice--to look and see, with His eyes and heart--so that our heart is content, and that, truly, we see we are blessed and want for nothing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lisa and jennifer, thanks for stopping by! your words are appreciated and i am blessed... i have to remind myself daily to pay attention and to choose to be content... but God is so good...i pray you both have a "full" day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That I could make this a remembering and recounting day -- thank you for the reminder.Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy these five minute writes ... and, yes, life is full when we take the time to drink it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, Sharilyn, so much of the fullness within us comes from the remembering and the recounting. Thank you for helping me remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never met anyone with my same name before. I saw your comment on Katie's blog (Kisses from Katie).
    I briefly looked around your blog and am so happy that you also look to Jesus as your Savior. I am a 41 year old mother of six and love Jesus with my whole heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw a heart shaped puddle in a parking lot the other day and thought of you. Looks like it has been a long while since you posted on your blog? Seems like an epidemic. Me too until today. (I blame Facebook)
    You did a great job with the five minute thing. I can't write anything without rewriting it. lol
    I hope you are still as full now almost a year later. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...